Saturday, November 28, 2009

Web Conference

Well, I just finished my first web conference. I was a little frustrated at first, because I could not get into the conference. When I logged in, it kept telling me that the meeting had not yet started and that I should wait on the host. The meeting was supposed to start at 1:00, and by 1:30 I could still not get in. Finally, about 1:45 I got in. Apparently, there was some confusion on when the meeting was actually supposed to start.

After the meeting started, I was pleased to find it was a pleasant experience. I did not have a web cam or a mic, so I was limited to chatting via the chat window. That was fine with me. It was fun to get to see and hear some of the people that I have been collaborating with for nearly a year now. I did find it a little chaotic with so many people typing, and talking at the same time, but I think I could get used to it. I gained some valuable information about how other shcools are using technology. I have been inspired to invest in a web cam and mic so that I can interact more efficently in the next web conference.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the delay this afternoon, Kirk. I am pleased that you gained from the web conference experience and hope to see you online in another conference soon!
    Best regards,

    KA

    ReplyDelete